Friday 14 November 2008

Come on parents ...

I must thank Staci Rose who commented on my earlier post "A Stitch in Time ...".

While I appreciate that it's a challenge for all parents to engender a culture of physical activity in their kids, particularly in their most formative years ... we cannot abrogate them from their responsibility to do so.

This is where the seeds are sown.

Activity should not be the exclusive province of the educational system. Parents should lead by example. If kids have fun playing outdoors and don't associate it with competition or, even worse, humiliation ... then they may have a fighting chance to embrace continued activity as they get older.

You may be able to tell I'm not a parent?

3 comments:

Staci Rose said...

LOL! Great post. :)

And, thanks very much! Sometimes the small decisions are packed with huge circumstances. :P

Anonymous said...

I'm 100% in agreement with you on this one. Unfortunately cultures have changed and I think the single worst invention is the television!

Don said...

Hi Grum ... agreed!!!