Wednesday 9 September 2009

Water Fast Planned

In a total departure from my usual slightly sour observations I thought I would try an experiment.

I'm planning on doing a short term water fast, from tonight (Wednesday) until Sunday afternoon. I have done several one day/two night fasts, but this will be new territory for me.

In case anyone decides to duplicate this, please be advised that it is always recommended you do some homework first and undertake any fasting "under medical supervision". Fasting is not for everyone, so please ... always be responsible.

Why am I doing this?

Because I am genuinely curious to see what effect it will have on my body and mind. I will be in a relaxed, low key environment and will stop running for the duration. I will however walk ... and I will definitely sleep.

But I'm really looking forward to it. It's all part of my overall plan to clean, declutter and heal.

I will describe my experience next time I post.

3 comments:

Jan from BetterSpines said...

Hi Don. I personally cannot conceive of fasting! I love to cook and love to eat. But a lot of people swear by it, so enjoy LOL! Keep us posted.

Jan from BetterSpines said...

Hey Don! I left a comment before, but it seems to have got lost. How's it going? Keep us posted. I couldn't do a fast if you paid me, so I am fascinated to hear how it's going.

Don said...

Thank You Jan

Sorry ... I was in London for a training weekend, so am just getting back into my rhythm.

I will post about my experience in a few days.

Thanks again for your interest. PS I managed the 3 days/4 nights I set out to do! Woo Woo!